February 23, 2017 | Columbia Scoop, Five Points, Shandon, Upcoming
The Devine Street Association sent us some helpful information today about the big St. Patrick’s Day parade and race that’s just a couple of weeks away (March 18th, 2017)! Be sure to plan ahead if you plan to try to park around Devine St. in Columbia, SC, early that morning.
- The parade stages from Devine and Sims to Millwood and Devine. Several of the side streets are also used, but we won’t know which ones until all of the applications are in;
- One port-a-john on Devine Street, near Sims Avenue by the Incarnation Lutheran Church parking lot;
- A handful of port-a-johns are dropped on Devine the morning of the race, but their placement are only approximate (every other block) and is determined by E&D (the port-a-john company);
- The parade begins staging at 8:30 am;
- Streets from Sims to Millwood will be closed at 8:00 am;
- Streets will reopen as the parade moves towards Five Points.
Race Details: Get to The Green!
- 5:30 am Setup Begins – Devine block between Heidt and Meadow
- 7:30 am Race Begins – Runners will be on Devine by 7:40 entering at Sims Ave.
- 8:10 am First finishers expected
- 10:00 am Breakdown
- 10:15 am Awards – held in back parking lot of Publick House in the 2300 block of Devine.